My recent strawberrynet.com haul (read haul post here) included a beautiful red “liquid lipstick” from the Greek brand Korres, a brand that has it’s roots in homeopathy. I wanted to try products from this brand since long and finally, when I saw this lipstick/gloss hybrid in one of their daily specials, I immediately bought it. There are about 6 colours in this range but only #56 was in the daily special, so I got that. And I am glad I did because the colour is gorgeous!!
The Korres liquid lipstick comes in a sleek, slim plastic tube with a black cap. The tube itself is the colour of the lipstick, so if you have more than one, it is easy to find the colour you want without checking the numbers. The wand has a doe-foot applicator which is quite narrow and deposits a small quantity of product. Which is good because this liquid lipstick is verrrrry pigmented, but more on that later.
Texture and Pigmentation
Here’s what Korres says about this product and my take on it.
* A cooling, water-based, liquid lip colour. – Yes, it certainly gives a cooling sensation when you apply it. And it is extremely lightweight!
* Combines the creamy texture of a lipgloss with the long-lasting, brilliant finish of a lipstick. –
Texture of a lipgloss, pigmentation of a lipstick. Hey, that sounds familiar. I have used these same words to describe another product…Oh yes, the Shiseido Laquer Rouge (click name for detailed review)! Well, this liquid lipstick has lovely light texture and fabulous pigmentation.
* Contains Raspberry and Pomegranate extracts that are rich in antioxidents. – I can’t really say anything about this because how can I check about the antioxidents?
* Shields lips against free radical damage while smoothing lip lines. – Same here, we’ll just have to take their word for it.
* Blended with Acai Palm Pulp Oil for hydrating benefits. – Yes, it is hydrating and softening. It doesn’t dry out my lips and even after the lipstick fades, or you remove it, the lips don’t feel dry at all.
* Creates a suppler and younger looking pout. – Supple lips, yes. Younger looking, can’t really say.
But yes, it definitely lives up to most of its claims. And it is insanely pigmented and just a little bit is needed to give opaque coverage to even pigmented lips. However, it also transfers everywhere so you need to be a bit careful with clothes. The lipstick also lasts quite long, around 5-6 hours though it does fade a bit after eating/drinking. It also doesn’t settle into the lip lines, which is a plus.
Here are the swatches of the lipstick. You can see how pigmented it is, especially in the hand swatch and that is just one swipe!
|Taken in daylight. No flash
|In yellow light, without flash.
Currently, the Korres Liquid Lipstick is available on strawberrynet.com for around Rs. 1170. Watch out for their daily specials though because that is when I had bought this for around Rs. 550. However, I couldn’t see this particular product on the Korres website which makes me wonder if this is a discontinued item. And worse still, if it is past it’s expiry date. Does anyone know how to check if a product has reached it’s expiry date? No manufacturing date is mentioned on the packaging.
Anyway, other than that, this is an excellent product and not too expensive either. The carton states that it is:
Mineral oil free
Propylene Glycol free
And yes, it is cruelty-free! What’s not to love?