I admire girls who do elaborate makeup perfectly blending 5-6 eyeshadows, baking their conccealer, doing a proper contouring – the whole works. The problem is, I simply do not have the time for all of that. For any festival / wedding, I usually get 15-20 minutes to get ready – 40 minutes if I’m lucky – and that includes changing my clothes and accessories too! As I have mentioned in my earlier posts on “10 Minute Makeup Look” and “Super Quick Wedding Guest Makeup“, I am now becoming a pro at getting ready super quick and can say that this particular look has now become my “Singature look”. With the estive season here, I am sure there will be those among you who will be busy with home / kids and won’t have much time fo elaborate makeup. Hopefully, this post will help you. Read on for details on the 15 minute festive makeup….
As you can see in this picture, this look is appropriate for any festival / wedding. You can change the look simply by changing the colour of the lipstick to go with whatever outfit you might be wearing. For all Indian festivals and weddings, I love to accentuate my eyes and stick to a combination of gold and black for slightly smoky, kohl-rimmed eyes. Remember, in real life, nobody is going to ask you to shut your eyes and zoom into them to check how many eyeshadows you have applied or whether they are properly blended or not. As long as the makeup enhances your features and looks nice at an arm’s length, you’re good with just a basic 2 eyeshadow combination.
- Foundation – Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in shade 3W2 Cashew
- Concealer – MAC Select MoistureCover Concealer in shade NC35
- Powder – Rouge Bunny Rouge Impalpable Finishing Powder in Diaphanous
- Lakme Absolute Illuminating Eyeshadow Palette in Gold
- Tarte Skinny Smouldereyes in Onyx
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Amplitude Big Lash Mascara
- L’Oreal Lucent Magique Blush in Sunset Glow
- Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge in London
- YBP Makeup Perfector
- Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour Brush
- Sigma F05 Small Contour Brush
- Sigma F77 Chisel and Trim Contour Brush
- Sigma E55 Eye Shading Brush
- MAC 219 Pencil Brush
Here’s a step-by-step on this simple, minute festive makeup look…
- On moisturised skin, I applied the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation using the YBP Makeup Perfector. This is a medium-to-full coverage foundation that lasts long and is perfect for special occassions and for the times when you want your foundation to last long. I do prefer to use my fingers to apply foundation when I’m in a hurry, but the YBP Makeup Perfector is a great makeup sponge that makes applying foundation and conccealer a dream – very quick and with a non-cakey finish. I also dab on the foundation on my eyelids to create a “base” for the eyeshadow.
- Next comes the MAC Select MoistureCover Concealer under the eyes and on my acne marks. I dab this on with the pointy end of the Makeup Perfector. To set the concealer, I use the Rouge Bunny Rouge Impalpable powder using the Sigma F05 Small Contour Brush.
- Moving on to the eyes, I have been loving the Lakme Absolute Illuminating Eyeshadow Palette in Gold. The shades have good pigmentation, are soft and smooth (though a couple of shades are a bit chalky), not much fallout and give a beautiful, satin finish. I applied the top-left shade (the gold-beige one) all over my eyelid using the Sigma E55.
- Next, using the MAC 219, I apply the darkest shade in the palette (middle shade in the top row) to the outer corners of my eyes and along the crease as well as along the lower lash line.
- Then I line my eyes – upper lashline and waterline – with whichever black eye pencil I manage to get my hands on. Here I have used the Tarte Skinny Smouldereyes.
- The Rouge Bunny Rouge Amplitude mascara completes the eye look.
- The cheeks then get a quick sweep of the L’Oreal Lucent Magique Blush using the Sigma F40. This blush has a highlighter so I don’t need to apply one separately (time saving).
- I also apply a very teeny-tiny amount of the dark eyeshadow along the sides of my nose and blend it out with the Sigma F77 just to give a bit of definition.
- Finally, a single layer of the Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge in London (or any other lipstick that I would want to wear according to my outfit) and voila, my 15 minute festive makeup is done….
The other reason why I love this look is because it is extremely versatile – it goes well with Western wear as well as traditional (just subtract the bindi) and the colours are so neutral that you can pair any lipstick with this for a new look.
At times, I also add a bit of shimmer on top to amp up the glam factor. Or a coloured liner on the lower lash line to make them pop. But otherwise, it is just a very simple, easy and quick 15 minute festive makeup look.
What do you think of this look? Do let me know in the comments below.
And hey, if you want to buy any of the amazing Rouge Bunny Rouge products, you can use the code RBR-INDIANSHRINGAR20 to get a 20% discount on their website.