The quest for long, luscious lashes has spawned an entire industry from mascaras that claim to give you false eyelash effect, to false eyelashes that make your eyes go from drab to fab in an instant. But what if you don’t want any of the daily hassles of curling your lashes, applying mascara and falsies and removing them blah blah. What if you want a more long-lasting solution that doesn’t cause any damage to the natural eyelashes or to the eyes? Well, the solution to that is Novalash Eyelash Extensions.
What is Novalash?
“Novalash is the world’s industry leader in eyelash extensions. Award winning, long lasting, pharmaceutical grade adhesives have earned Novalash its reputation as ‘the healthiest’ professional lash extension system. Comprised of a wide-ranging pallette of colours and textures that can be combined for looks that run the gamut from subtle and natural to trendy and glammorous; each application is a work of art with an intricate finish.”
Novalash Eyelash Extension Procedure
I got together with Beautv to create this video that showcases the application procedure of the Novalash Eyelash Extension. In India, Novalash is only available through MyGlamm which means that you get to do this procedure in the comfort of your own home. To be honest, I was quite apprehensive about doing anything to my eyelashes (since I am quite happy with the ones I am naturally gifted with – the reason why I don’t even wear mascara frequently) but I was quite pleasantly surprised at how painless and comfortable the whole procedure is. The technician is really well trained. After getting Novalash Eyelash Extension done, I realise I don’t apply eyeliner as frequently as I used to because the full lashes give the effect of tightlined eyes.
Take a look at the video here….
Here’s a bit more about the Novalash Eyelash Extension Procedure:
- You can choose from a different lengths of lashes from natural-looking 10mm ones to dramatic 16mm ones. My natural eyelashes are around 10mm long and since I didn’t want something overly dramatic, he told me to go with 12mm lashes.
- The technician will stick an eye pad on your lower lashes and underyeye area to prevent the lashes / skin from sticking to the upper lashes and the Novalash.
- Each individual Novalash is stuck to your natural eyelash. (BTW, Novalash are made from synthetic hair so they don’t loose the curl and shape).
- The Novalash is stuck 1mm away from the root so as to avoid discomfort or any damage to the natural lashes.
- The Novalash fall off when the natural eyelash falls off (unless you rub your eyes excessively).
- After the lashes are applied, the glue is dried with the help of a little fan.
- The lashes are then separated with the help of a mascara brush to prevent clumping and then fanned a bit more.
- The entire procedure takes around 2 hours and there is absolutely no discomfort at all!!!
Some tips for maintaining the Novalash Eyelash Extension.
- Eyes are to be treated very delicately. The same holds true for Novalash as well so no rubbing the eyes.
- You can wear eye makeup as normal and cleanse it with a gentle cleanser too. Avoid waterproof liner though, since that is more difficult to remove.
- You can’t wear mascara over Novalash (why would you even want to?).
- While cleansing, strands of cotton could get stuck onto your lashes. Do not try to pull them out or your lashes will get pulled too. Use the mascara wand given to remove anything stuck on the lashes.
- The same holds true for towels and napkins too since fabric fibers could get stuck onto the lashes.
- It’s advisable to avoid steam on the face or going for a sauna since that can weaken the bond of the glue and cause the Novalash to fall off.
It’s been a month now that I have got the Novalash Eyelash Extensions and I love how my lashes look. You can make out the fuller lashes in my pictures on Instagram and I have had people asking me if these are my natural eyelashes or if I am wearing falsies (since they cant see any band that you usually get with false eyelashes). In fact, since the time I’ve got Novalash done, I have become more conscious of my eye area and treat it more gently. To cleanse my eye makeup (which is usually just eyeliner – I haven’t worn eyeshadow all month!) I simply take a drop of cleansing oil on my finger and gently massage the uper eyelid to remove the liner and then rinse with water. This, I feel, is better for the lashes than taking eye makeup remover on a cotton pad.
The Novalash Eyelash Extensions last for around 3-4 months and since they are bonded onto the natural eyelash, they fall when the natural lash sheds. You could opt for monthly touch-ups if you wish to keep the volume intact.
The price for the Novalash Eyelash Extensions is ₹5,600 and is available exclusively through MyGlamm. Yes, it is expensive but you have to see how fabulous and natural the lashes look to know that it is totally worth the price. You also don’t have to fuss around with mascaras and false eyelashes and the best part – you wake up looking bright eyed and fresh! I am truly loving the way my eyes are looking with the Novalash Eyelash Extensions and would definitely recommend it especially to brides-to-be so that they can have long, fluttery lashes for all their functions and honeymoon without having to apply mascara or use falsies.
What are your thoughts on Novalash? Do let me know in the comments below. Also, if there are any specific videos you’d like me to do, mention that as well. Your suggestions are always welcome.
5 Replies to “Novalash Eyelash Extension Review – Procedure and Tips”
oh my gosh..The lashes look amazing..I have very sparse eye lashes..I might just try these 😀
It’s totally worth the price Purva 🙂
Hi who is the technician at MyGlamm who did your lashes? Do you have a number?
Wow.. They really do make a difference.. Slightly expensive but considering the efforts and the time they stay on, I think its worth it!
Yes, they are expensive but then we’re talking about eyes so the technician has to be really well trained. It is definitely worth the price.