Take a minute to think this through…
How many men have you seen who pay attention to grooming? I mean, besides the basic shower, deo, perfumes. Well, we know your answer – barely any, right! That’s true for most men. Hubby in fact, doesn’t even use sunscreen on a beach holiday! Neither does he use a moisturiser / cream in winter! And neither does my dad.
As the brand that cares about men and their grooming, Garnier Men India is out on a mission to change this. They believe that behind every successful man, there is a woman. A woman who helps him with what to wear and what to do. (In my case, not what to wear coz hubby has really good style and understanding of how to adapt the latest fashion trends.) Anyway, so Garnier wants to help change the men’s attitude towards grooming and who better than women to lead this initiative, right? It has started a nationwide campaign where they ask men to “Say No To Bars“. Yes, they mean bars of SOAP.
Why this campaign against soap bars you ask. Here are the reasons:
1. Soap bars are unhygienic as the same bar is used for multiple purposes. Instead, why not switch to a face wash which is for a defined purpose?
2. Soap bars are history now! Modern men prefer to use face wash that is customised to suit their skin’s needs. So, why not be the man of today who loves modern facilities?
3. Soap bars are inconvenient and not practical to use at all. Then, why not be smart and switch to a face wash which is easy to carry?
Personally, I just don’t like soap bars. Even on the rare occasions that I use soap, for my face I stick to my cleanser. Just think about it, the soap you use to clean your feet and other parts of your body, you use that very same bar on your face! Garnier encourages men to pledge to give up the soap bars here http://saynotobars.thegarnierman.com/.
Isn’t it ironic that the man who takes great care in ensuring that his clothes are ironed neatly, that he wears the right accessories, the right shoes, the best fragrances, won’t think twice before rubbing soap on his face. Not only is it unhygienic, it is also drying and could lead to premature aging. Garnier Men has launched an Oil Clear Face Wash for men that cleanses the face, removes excess oil and ensures a day long, oil-free feel. They’ve also made this song to get the message across to men in a fun way…
Here are some of the other changes in the grooming routine that I think hubby and dad (and other men) should make:
* Use a shower gel instead of a soap bar.
* Use a face wash.
* Exfoliate once a week with a face scrub.
* Use sunscreen. I know you don’t mind getting tanned, but the sun’s rays cause more damage than just a tan.
* Moisturise your body, especially in winter. Dry, scaly skin is not nice.
* Use a night cream! You’re not getting any younger you know.
It would actually be a miracle if I could get them to do even these few things because they both are minimalists when it comes to skincare products. Luckily, dad and hubby both have such fab skin (touchwood) that I find it hard to convince them to use stuff. If I can just get them to quit soap bars, that would be a good start.
What about the men in your life? Do they use soap? The same soap that they use on their body?
* Sponsored post