Happy New Year everyone!
Greetings from Matheran. The mobile phone network here is very dicey, which is one of the reasons why it is my favourite destination to relax and actually “switch off “. The reception area, restaurant and poolside are the only places where I do get mobile network so here I am, enjoying the sunset and the cool weather by the poolside, writing this post, while hubby and kids play cricket.
Making resolutions for the new year is a neat trap- you know you are going to break most of them, and feel terrible about it for the rest of the year! Like I broke almost all my resolutions that I had taken last year!
Instead, I suggest you make a wish list. It is like a buffet spread-you can eat all or eat nothing-it depends on how hungry you are.
I have made a wish list. Which can provide additional magic to my life. It is like a beautiful buffet spread on a Sunday afternoon.
Starters: (pick any 2)
1. I will try to get up early (you can accomplish 30 % more during 5 am to 10 am). This one is tough but it will happen for sure.
2. I will exercise at least for 30 minutes 4 times a week (you have no choice on this).
3. I will meditate /prey/ visualize positive things/do yoga for 30 minutes every day.
Main course (pick any 5)
1. I will invest in best clothes I can afford-along with good shoes (It has been proved, that better dressed people earn 15 % more-all things being equal).
2. I will outsource everything, which is not my core competence. (Won’t waste time on improving my weakness).
3. I will reduce my mobile bills by 30 %. (Mobile phones are the biggest time waster in India).
4. I will not call my employees /others for work related matters on weekends or when they are on vacations. (They will respect me for that).
5. I will at least take one risky decision, which I was always scared to take. (I don’t want to die of boredom-do you?)
6. I will train my brain to think creatively every day. I will try to do different things to exercise my brain muscles- try new style & color of clothes; go to new restaurants, listen to different music; take my kids to the museum and ask them for their viewpoints without colouring their opinions with my adult ones.
Desert (pick all)
1. I will take at least 2 vacations in a year.
2. I will devote at least one day a month (Sunday) for myself only. No business calls, no laptops. Does not matter, how big my business/position is. Not even kids. This one Sunday will be for my spa/salon pampering day .
3. I will smile at everyone I meet. (Depending on the situation of course ; I don’t want random strangers to think I’m a weirdo!)
4. I will laugh often.
5. I will do one thing, which I was always fearful about.
6. I will call two old friends, whom I have not spoken for years.
7. I will do one thing, which makes me truly happy.
8. I have got only 52 weekends. I will not let anybody spoil them.
Let this year be the best year of your life.
I must admit, this “Resolutions Buffet” isn’t my own idea. A friend sent it to my and I told him I would be using it in my post with some modifications 🙂 Let me know what you think of the “buffet”….
So , here’s to an amazing New Year! Cheers!
6 Replies to “New Year and the “Resolutions Buffet””
You are right, late night blogging would be detrimental to your new resolution routine. I am trying to turn things around too. Esp waking up, going early to gym and try to make good meals. My parents just visited me today and I got a day with them, felt so sad to see them leave. So sitting and moping around at home. hopefully will start all my resolutions by tomorrow 🙂
Haha. That’s why it’s a “buffet”. Just choose whatever is doable for you so it’s easier to stick to it.
woo.. I loved your resolution list.. I hope I could achieve even half of these this year.. 😉
Even I want to have some time for exercise and all 😉
Happy new year to you too 🙂
I wake up by 6:30 anyway coz of kids’ schools. Now my elder son wants to stop school lunch so I’ll have to wake up by 5:30 latest and make lunch. No option. But then, with that big task done, I will have time to do to the gym or do yoga. Of course, I’ll have to fit blogging in somewhere coz late night blogging won’t be possible if I have to wake up so early.
oh and Happy new year <3
I really love your new year resolution list. I will be bookmarking this and coming back to it to take notes for myself. been so busy with family/emotions and stuff like that, just not getting a chance to be with myself. would love to read a post on how you plan to achieve waking up so early. 5am is a great time to get up but i barely can.