Happy New Year everyone!
Greetings from Matheran. The mobile phone network here is very dicey, which is one of the reasons why it is my favourite destination to relax and actually “switch off “. The reception area, restaurant and poolside are the only places where I do get mobile network so here I am, enjoying the sunset and the cool weather by the poolside, writing this post, while hubby and kids play cricket.
Making resolutions for the new year is a neat trap- you know you are going to break most of them, and feel terrible about it for the rest of the year! Like I broke almost all my resolutions that I had taken last year!
Instead, I suggest you make a wish list. It is like a buffet spread-you can eat all or eat nothing-it depends on how hungry you are.
I have made a wish list. Which can provide additional magic to my life. It is like a beautiful buffet spread on a Sunday afternoon.
Starters: (pick any 2)
1. I will try to get up early (you can accomplish 30 % more during 5 am to 10 am). This one is tough but it will happen for sure.
2. I will exercise at least for 30 minutes 4 times a week (you have no choice on this).
3. I will meditate /prey/ visualize positive things/do yoga for 30 minutes every day.
Main course (pick any 5)
1. I will invest in best clothes I can afford-along with good shoes (It has been proved, that better dressed people earn 15 % more-all things being equal).
2. I will outsource everything, which is not my core competence. (Won’t waste time on improving my weakness).
3. I will reduce my mobile bills by 30 %. (Mobile phones are the biggest time waster in India).
4. I will not call my employees /others for work related matters on weekends or when they are on vacations. (They will respect me for that).
5. I will at least take one risky decision, which I was always scared to take. (I don’t want to die of boredom-do you?)
6. I will train my brain to think creatively every day. I will try to do different things to exercise my brain muscles- try new style & color of clothes; go to new restaurants, listen to different music; take my kids to the museum and ask them for their viewpoints without colouring their opinions with my adult ones.
Desert (pick all)
1. I will take at least 2 vacations in a year.
2. I will devote at least one day a month (Sunday) for myself only. No business calls, no laptops. Does not matter, how big my business/position is. Not even kids. This one Sunday will be for my spa/salon pampering day .
3. I will smile at everyone I meet. (Depending on the situation of course ; I don’t want random strangers to think I’m a weirdo!)
4. I will laugh often.
5. I will do one thing, which I was always fearful about.
6. I will call two old friends, whom I have not spoken for years.
7. I will do one thing, which makes me truly happy.
8. I have got only 52 weekends. I will not let anybody spoil them.
Let this year be the best year of your life.
I must admit, this “Resolutions Buffet” isn’t my own idea. A friend sent it to my and I told him I would be using it in my post with some modifications 🙂 Let me know what you think of the “buffet”….
So , here’s to an amazing New Year! Cheers!