1) I LOVE to read. I mostly read fiction, can’t stand self-help, self-improvement books, not too fond of autobiographies either. I simply HAVE to read everyday, no matter how late it is at night or how tired I am. From chick lit to thrillers to mythology, I like it all but my favourite is the Mahabharata! Ironic coz I’m a “happy endings” kinda gal and the Mahabharata is anything but happy….
First of all, let me honestly admit that this post has been blatantly copied inspired from Ikya’s 25 Things post. She made her post such a fun read that I too got tempted to do it. But 25 things seemed too many, so I thought I would write 10 but that seemed too few (I’m sounding like Goldilocks right? This porridge is too hot, this porridge is too cold…). So I decided on this ‘just right’ number 14 coz that happens to be my birthdate too. So, here goes…….
2) I don’t have a favourite colour. Honest. When asked, I might just say white coz I really love white but I like almost all colours, it just depends on the shade. For eg, i like some shades of yellow, buttercup, pale, lemon etc, but I just don’t like shades like ochre yellow or even mustard.
3) Though I dont like sports (I might watch tennis or F1 sometimes), I love adventure sports. I really, really, really want to do sky diving and para gliding. Oh and I love roller-coasters too, the wilder and scarier, the better 😉
4) The monsoon is my favourite season. I love it when Mother Nature makes a fashion statement in green and grey. Only she can carry it off. Dark grey clouds playing hide and seek with lush verdant mountains……gorgeous!
5) Though I absolutely love straight hair, I haven’t yet subjected my frizzy, wavy hair to the tortures of straightening, smoothening, relaxing or rebonding. I have been seriously tempted to, though, but I’ve resisted the temptation.
6) I’m a chocoholic. And a shopaholic. And a bookaholic (ok I made up that word).
7) I’m not a very ‘neat and tidy’ person. My way of arranging/organising things can be called “organised chaos” or maybe “structured mess” coz for me, it’s organised, for others, it’s a mess. It has its advantages, I can find what I want, others can’t.
8) I keep picking at my skin…..zits, blackheads, I just can’t keep my fingers off them though I know it harms my skin and leaves behind scars. Oh, and I burst my pimples. Gros , I know and guaranteed to leave behind dark marks and scars, but I can’t help it 🙁
9) At any given point of time, there will be just 2 or max 3 fragrances in my wardrobe. I love having a signature fragrance and don’t like switching perfumes daily.
10) I love to sing along to songs though I know I sound terrible. Oh, and I’m very good with lyrics too 😉
11) I don’t know how to swim though I love lazing in the pool. I really want to learn how to swim,though part of me is scared too.
12) I’m a mountain girl. Yes, I love going to beach destinations but given a choice, I’d rather go to the majestic mountains.
13) I am terrible at time management. It could also be coz I’m quite a procrastinator. And yet, I’m very good at organising events and making sure everything is done on time for that. Yep, I’m full of contradictions.
14) I hate tattoos. It’s not only about the pain, I’ve never liked the temporary tattoos either. Neither do I like piercings. I have just my earlobes pierced (mom got that done when I was an infant) and I refused to get my nose pierced. I just wore a stick on thingie as a nose ring for my wedding.